Emergency 5 RTS/Simulation Game
May 2014 – Feb 2015
- Level Design (mainly Cologne map)
- Creating all vehicle blue lights
- Creating all fires and visual destruction of all buildings (particles excluded)
- Responsible for optimizing and reassessing of a large variety of 3D assets, often built by freelancers
- Creation of complex prefabs and development of new workflows withing the in-house game editor
- Creation of marketing screenshots
- Filmed and voiced a variety of tutorial videos for the game editor
- Proactively set up and managed several excel lists that helped myself and the other devs with organization and consistency throughout the art department
- 3Ds Max
- Unity 3D
I worked on the Real Time Strategy Game Emergency 5 during my time as a Level Artist at Sixteen Tons Entertainment.
I was mainly responsible for creating the visual presentation of all burning objects in the game, as well as the visual presentation of all vehicle blue lights. I was doing this within our very own Game Editor, which is based on the OGRE Engine.
I also spend a lot of time optimizing and reassessing 3D Assets provided by external contractors. Those asset were often built in a unfavorably manner and had to be overhauled for the restrictions within a game engine.
I was also partly responsible for creating marketing and press screenshots directly out of the game engine, working closely with other artists in our team.